Sunday, May 22, 2016

A Giant Leap of Faith

Over the last few months, there have been some interesting developments in my life, and I can now very excitedly announce... I'M CHANGING MINISTRIES!!!

My days at the school will be over as soon as the school year ends, and then I'll be moving to a small village about an hour south of the capital city of Tegucigalpa and about 6 hours from where I am now. I will be working alongside a missionary family who have a ministry there known as Rancho Oasis for Youth, where they do a variety of ministries with the people they work with, but I will be focusing on building up their animal program.

Over the summer, I will be on a vision mapping trip, in which I'll be getting to know everyone better and coming up with a more exact plan on what my job there will look like on a day-to-day basis. Right now, I know I'll be working with the horses to get them ready for kids to ride, and the goats (and probably chickens) to start a sustainability and animal care program for the community.

Here are a couple videos to give you a better idea of what the Rancho Oasis for Youth is all about. The first one is older but has a good overview of everything they do, and the second one is more up-to-date and will show you what they're doing right now.





Although I'm INCREDIBLY excited about this opportunity, I'm also terrified because it means a lot of changes, including the need to generate my own support. I've been self-supported during my entire time in Honduras so far between working at the school and working online (freelance writing). Now, God is asking me to make a huge leap of faith and trust that He's going to provide for me while I do the work that He has for me.

After much prayer and some dragging of my heels, I have stepped away from nearly all of my online jobs and am fully believing that God is going to supply all of my needs. I'm currently believing for $1000 for my vision mapping trip that will last from June 18 through July 30. This will cover all of my living and moving expenses. I'm also believing for monthly support of $750.

During the month of August and the first week of September, I will be in Michigan on furlough visiting family and friends and getting more support. If you would like me to meet with you, your church, or another group to share my vision, please let me know so I can start filling up my calendar. I'm eager to share the vision God has given me with others.

Please pray about supporting me, either financially or prayerfully. As I am stepping out in faith, I know that the enemy will come against me and so I am asking for your prayer support as well to keep me strong while I serve the Lord in Ojojona, Honduras.

Here's how you can give financially, whether you are giving a one-time gift for my vision mapping trip or want to give monthly to support my ongoing ministry:

My PayPal: bride_of_christ728@yahoo.com
My Google Wallet: melody.joy.cary@gmail.com

Please note that giving to me directly is NOT tax deductible.

To donate through the Ranch, visit: www.ro4y.org and click their "donate" button in the sidebar.

By check:
RO4Y
P.O. Box 1853
Mason City, IA 50401

These gifts are tax deductible, and please be sure to include your email address so they can send you your monthly statement and include my name when giving.

I will now be keeping my blog updated much more often so that supporters can see what I'm up to and be aware of my prayer needs as those arise. If you would like to receive email notifications when I upload a new blog, please let me know and I will create an email list to send out with links to updated blogs.

Thank you in advance, and may God bless you!


Please be praying:
- That those who God has called to support me answer the call.
- That everything goes well as I begin packing everything in preparation to move.
- That I finish the school year well and continue pouring into my students until the very end.
- That God would give me peace of mind as I go through this big transition.

1 comment:

  1. We would like very much to meet with you in September, Melody. Meanwhile we will be praying for you! ~ Al & Sharon Moebus, Grosse Pointe MI

    ReplyDelete