Monday, August 22, 2011

Almost time

I know it's been forever, but I've been busy. Summer camp means working 16-18 hours a DAY, and that leaves little time for anything other than camp.

I have been doing some preparation when I could during the summer, and feel like I'm ready to go down to Honduras and get started. Mostly.

My plane leaves next Sunday, August 28th, at 7:35pm. I'll be working at the school, teaching english, and I still have to figure out the specifics of ministry at Casita. My bags are ready, and my clothes are sorted, and I have an idea as to what else I'll be packing. It's all a work in progress.

On Saturday, my parents had a going away party for me. There were lots of family members and friends that came to support me and the work that God has called me to do. It was a lot of fun, and the generosity that I experienced was beyond what I had anticipated. I feel so supported, and so much of God's love, and all the fears that I had about finances melt away. I feel like I have people behind me that love me, so I'm not longer afraid to leave everything behind to start this new adventure God has me on.

So, as I continue to finish up getting ready to go, please pray for me for safe travels, and to quickly settle in and be able to figure out all the specifics of what I'll be doing with the girls I'm ministering to at Casita.

No comments:

Post a Comment